Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A church where people have come to faith


One of the hugely encouraging things about the church I now serve is the large proportion of the congregation who came to faith through the ministry of the church.
I have started meeting with members of the congregation and interviewing them in a similar kind of way to how I would interview someone applying for membership.
The first four I interviewed, all in their 20's/30's were all saved at Twynholm. Emma through door to door evangelism. Leigh, now her husband, through Emma's witness. Marcos through door to door evangelism. Faye, now Marcos's wife through friends in the youth group at Twynholm.
My guess is that about half of the membership came to faith here. I pray that the Lord would continue to use us to bring many more to faith.

1 comment:

Patricia Hickman said...

We're a church in North Carolina, USA. We're called Stonehill Community Church. We'll pray for your congregation that many people will come to know Christ through your members as they bear fruit, honoring God as they come under the lordship of Christ.